U7 Modified Ice Festival - Hosted by Hamilton Minor Hockey Council
April 2-3, 2022 Chedoke Arena Twin Pads, Hamilton
The objective of the Festival is FUN!
This festival welcomes players of all skill levels – however it should be noted that this is NOT a Select Tournament.
Participating teams should be comprised of players of varying skills levels.
Please visit the REGISTRATION page for information regarding travel permits, rosters, etc.
** Rules/game format will be subject to change – and all revisions will be communicated to all teams in advance**
»Each participant will receive a participation medal and t-shirt.
»We are planning to hold a Pizza/Pop lunch within the arena.
»Full details will be communicated with confirmed teams.
Festival Rules & Game Format
• Games will be scaled to Cross-Ice Format.
• Nets will be age/size appropriate (3’ x 4’).
• The ice will be split into 3 zones – Rink 1, Neutral Zone and Rink 2.
• Two games will be played simultaneously on Rink 1 and Rink 2.
• 3 on 3 will be the playing format.
• The Neutral Zone will be used as a primary bench area – for the next line waiting to take to the ice.
• The arena benches will also be used as a secondary bench for the 3rd line.
• There will be a 2-minute warm up to start each game.
• Period lengths will be 2 x 18 minutes – with the horn sounding every 2-minutes to denote a line change.
• Each game will be officiated by a referee.
• There will be no penalties called – however the referee at their discretion will whistle down play and take away puck possession from infracting team.
• Face off to start each shift and after each goal scored.
• No scores will be posted, no game results tracked and no standings kept.
• There will be a 2-minute break in between the two periods.
• Blue light pucks will be used.
• Assuming each team has 3 lines plus 1 goalie – the first shift, line 1 is playing, line 2 is ready in the neutral zone and line 3 is on the arena bench.
• 2 minute horn sounds – the lines rotate. The line playing moves to the arena bench, the line in the neutral zone takes to the rink and is playing, and the line previously on the bench will now be in the neutral zone. This rotation is to help facilitate line changes quickly.
Coaches are asked to form 3 lines of equal caliber.
If there are any questions, please email Jeff Reynolds (Chair of HMHC):
[email protected], or text 905-517-1973